With the experience of more than 4,100 projects, Herrenknecht is a technology and market leader in the area of mechanized tunneling technology for all ground conditions and in all diameters – ranging from 0.10 to 19 meters.
The product range includes tailor-made machines for traffic, supply and disposal tunnels, technologies for pipeline installation as well as drilling equipment for vertical and inclined shafts and deep drilling rigs.
As a reliable project partner, Herrenknecht supports its customers with an extensive range of services from the initial project idea through manufacturing, transport, assembly, tunneling support and spare parts service to disassembly.
Even personnel solutions for the supplementing of jobsite crews are provided if required. With competent service specialists and more than 40 years of experience in the tunneling industry, the company supports around 300 jobsites worldwide and offers customized service packages tailored to individual project requirements.
Geology: soft ground, heterogeneous ground, rock
- Usable in almost all ground conditions and with high water pressures
- Highest tunneling safety due to hydraulic tunnel face support
- Ideal technology for tunneling in the non-man-entry diameter range (microtunnelling)
- Precise control even with small radii in vertical and horizontal curves
- Very long pipe jacking stretches of more than 1,000 m are possible with the use of intermediate jacking stations
Geology: rock, soft to medium-hard consolidated rock
- High level of work safety through remote controlled operation from the higher work decks
- Higher sinking speed
- Parallelization of the work steps
Variably adaptable to different shaft diameters, shaft geometries and lining methods
- Adaptation of proven technologies such as the cutting drum and material transport system of existing systems
- For long raises and large reaming diameters
- Robust and powerful design
- Mechanized rod handling for improved work safety
- Highly efficient variable frequency drive